Thursday 15 May 2008

Meet My Piglet

Billy went to bed one night....I woke up to find a little piglet in his place. I'll try to take a photo today and put it up.

We have been struggling with feeding Billy solids. Mainly because I can only cook for 6 so he just never seemed to empty his plate. Baby jar foods are so runny and yucky - but THANK GOODNESS ever so convenient. When I have made up food for him myself he seems to hate the flavours and unfortunately I have a few months supply of something he doesn't seem to like....

So I have now worked out he HATES advocado..funny because everyone tells me babies love this. He adores pumpkin and potatoe. Loves his fruit too. Tonight we try some new stuff....baked beans. Wizzed up in the blender I hear it is fantastic for babes and they love the taste. Something new to try anyhow. convenient too! Must make sure to get the no/low salt variety though.

Anyhow yesterday I decided to make a whole bowl of peaches/bananna in the blender. Instead of freezing it...he ate the lot. I mean a WHOLE bowl. Adult size. Kid you not! He loved it. I had added in a bit of farex because I made it too runny but it still had some chunks of bananna so I think this is what he loved. Anyhow I am waiting still for the gigantic poo to follow...might be today at day care heh heh

If anyone has any great baby food ideas/tricks please make sure to let me know. Billy is almost 7 months old now so I am keen to get him started on a good variety of food.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

gasp! what if he never grows out of this avocado issue? what if he never appreciates homemade guacamole (by the way, real guac does not have sour cream)?

oh man. i'm worried. i'm sending you some jalapeƱos to get him trained toot sweet!

Gemma said...

Don't worry Clairie, he'll come good and soon he'll what whatever you are having!! Not a good thing so enjoy the present!!

LOL

grandma Gem

ACTing Like A Mama said...

ohh hello billy the piglet! Good thing to be eating lots of fruit - makes for a wonderful nappy surprise!! The one thing I kept getting told was to keep perservering, it may take them 20 goes at one food before they succumb - Dante still wont eat baked beans but I give it to him every week! PLain yoghurt is a really good one and gives them a tart taste (not sweet like other yoghurts)and creamed corn was another good one - oh and dont forget the dim sims - heheheheh

Anonymous said...

Lj used to love avocado and know he won't go near it. He doesnt like fruit either but loves vegies and meat. He likes most of the babyfood, he also loves Nannies noodles and tinned spahetti. With all those teeth I dont think you woudl have to blend the baked beans - just mash them a bit with a fork??