Monday 21 January 2008

Back Home Safe n Sound!!

It has been an extremely busy two weeks - and that is saying something when you have a three month old baby!!!

We flew up to Darwin for pops 70th Birthday and spent the days and nights catching up with all our family and friends that live up there. It was hectic but Billy loved it all and was on his best behaviour despite the humidity and our busy days. He slept well at night and gave us several 8am sleep ins which I was most impressed with.

When we arrived Nan gave Billy his belated Christmas Stocking. There is a photo of all the things she made to fill it with....it was wonderful and his stocking is now safe and sound packed away for Christmas 2008.


Sam met up with us in Darwin and loved the time he had with his brother Billy. We took lots of photos and it was sad to leave him. He took Billy to his first movie (Alvin and the Chipmunks) and helped with his first swim too! It was great to see his confidence around babies grow and he made me so proud when I heard Billy cry and turned to see it was him that ran to pick him up and cuddle him.


My two sisters that live in Darwin got the opportunity to cuddle their youngest nephew and spoil Billy rotten.

Thanks to cousin LJ, Billy also got to have lots of toys and exciting things to play with whilst he was visiting Aunty Bridgy. The photo above is Bridgy with Cuz LJ.

Once I sort through all the many photos I took on the trip I will post some more. There are heaps of ones with Billy and his cousins - especially Shae who spoilt him rotten with lots of cuddles and kisses...

3 comments:

Katie said...

Welcome home!!!!

Sounds like a great trip...I love family time :-) He is so cute and getting big!!!

Good luck with Billy in his own room! I kicked Charlie out after the first week....she was way too noisy! Her room is right next to ours and I can hear her without any problems. I even turned the monitor off :-) The first night you worry you will sleep through but it doesn't take long to feel comfortable that they could wake the dead if they wanted and then you feel confident and sleep well.

xxx

Tesso said...

We missed you Billy!

You too Billy's mum :-)

Gemma said...

Hello Billy,

Loved seeing the photos of your Darwin trip. It was great to see your aunties and your cousins =- I miss them all. You are growing up so fast. My favourite photo in this lot is you and Sam and your Mum!! Love to all

Grandma Gem