Thursday 8 November 2007

A Mothers Letter to Her Son

Dearest Billy,

You are truly a gift from God delivered to me by an Angel (Grandma Gemma).

The love I have for you bursts in my heart when I gaze at your sleeping face or when you look at me with those big blue eyes and yes even when you are crying and I am soothing you, I feel the love that allows me to do that.

Just over two weeks ago you burst into the world and totally disrupted our life. We now sleep when we can, the house is not always perfect and dinner is not always a relaxed affair. Nonetheless we bloat with pride when someone in the shops comments on how good you are, or how beautiful you look. Your dad laughs for long times when he tells people how you love to wee on your mum in the bath. Dad also loves waking you up in the morning for a cuddle before he goes to work. It might take him twice as long to change your nappy or get you dressed but he takes such great care and is so gentle and loving that it makes us all smile. When he frets when you cry, I know that you are blessed to have such a loving family that will always be there for you and love you unconditionally. You are our Billy.

Already you have grown another 2cm and your head has gone from 36cm to 39cm. You now weigh 4.2kg and even your hair seems to be growing. It is an exciting time for us all and whilst we can't wait for you to be talking and crawling and holding our hands, the times now when you curl up like a frog and suck your fingers and lay contented on dad's tummy with your bottom in the air are all just so precious.

Don't grow up too fast Billy.

I love you completely

xxxxx
Your Mummy

2 comments:

Gemma said...

Lovely reading this Clairie, also liked the presentation - you'l have to show me how when I come up soon. Is this a new photo or one from the hospital??

LOL

Grandma Gem (angel?)

ACTing Like A Mama said...

that is so sweet. Gosh I can't remember when my one was that small! give little froggy a kiss for me! heheheh